Lycosaurus

Well Known Member
I came across this mapping software called NAVIGATION that supports the Avmap gps units. It has weather, world maps, detailed vector maps and bunch of other features. It also makes us of US databases.

navigationyh6.gif

(note: the above map is from Francois' web site, and is showing French airport)

I tested it with Canadian data, and the airport list seems quite complete for my area. The updates are easy to manage.

Oh, and it is freeware. The developer's name is Francois Fouchet (Thanks go to Francois for developing this and making it available to us all). He goes by the nickname foufou.

<http://francois.fouchet.free.fr/>

The web page is in french, however Francois has a 'Starting in English' link on his page. The software has an English menu system available as well. If you are really stuck in getting it going, drop me a line, and maybe I can help.

I finally bought the communication cable for my Avmap. I tried downloading a route to the Avmap EKP-IV and it works just fine. The quirk with the Avmap is that you have to start communications on it as well, since it does not respond to external commands like all other GPSs.

While Garmin has its own mapping software tool, other GPS users such as Lowrance may be interested in this software as well.

Enjoy!

[I have no connection with this software or the developer, other than having used it ... and it works for me]