MCA

Well Known Member
Advertiser
What?? Free t-shirts?

To thank you for your support during the last year, Vertical Power is giving away 150 t-shirts at Airventure this year. What's the catch? All we ask is that you wear the shirt around the show for a day or two. Then it's yours to keep forever and ever.

You can pick up the shirt at our booth (in Hangar B) starting Monday morning.

Here are two possible designs... which do you like best?

Design #1 (front and back)
D1.jpg

Design #2
D2.jpg

Please reply and let us know which design you like best! Voting closes June 15, then we have to get the shirts printed.

hi marc,

i like the white design much more :)
and this time around, please also have some M and S sizes made for us skinnier europeans ;-)
that L from last year is hanging in the shop like a flag ;-)

rgds
bernie

bah, I really like the white one... but i wont make it to Oshkosh until the 31st. :( Im sure all 150 will be long gone by then. booo hooo!

I like the white design and its cooler in the heat. Hope you have some XXL for those with wives that are too good a cook.

Another vote for white. I will not be there until wens. A.M.
At least I can drive my wife nuts by telling her everytime I see one, hey I voted for that shirt.
So, are you giving some away each day?:D
Todd
Northwest OH

The white design by far. I'll be proud to wear it at Oshkosh 08' this year. See you guys at hangar B that monday morning.:D

JRRVFLYER
Working on emp.

Booth number

Marc,

Put your location on there somewhere. The purpose is have people come visit right? Make it easy for them. Nice Job. I like white #2.

Great looking shirts, both of them! I like the white a smidgen better...also like Darwin's idea of where you're located...

:cool::cool::cool:

White. That is enough to get me to spend hundreds of dollars in pricey 100LL get to get there and be too late to get a t-shirt.

Personally, I have always preferred the t-shirts with trim at the bottom of the sleeve and around the neck. Looks classier than a normal t-shirt.

Hi Marc,

I like the design on the white shirt, but I think you should put it on a red shirt since the color red is so prominately represented in your companies graphic design scheme. It'll also stand out when walking around the grounds.

However, I won't be making it to Oshkosh again this year due to scheduling conflicts and the usual lack of funds... :(

Perhaps we should do 70 the first day (Monday), then 20 each day through Friday. That way if you're not there right away, you can still come by and get one later in the week...

We'll have M through XXL sizes :D

We are in Hangar B, Booth 2125 (just down the aisle from SteinAir).

How about both

The red in a Babydoll T, or a Spaghetti Tank for the girlfriends, wives, or both.

The white in a standard T

just realized

"Switch your thinking" on the womans tee in the front. It would work out nice.

"Switch your thinking" on the womans tee in the front. It would work out nice.

I ran that by my wife, and got the answer one might expect. She said the guys would like it, but the women wouldn't wear it! :eek:

"All we ask is that you wear the shirt around the show for a day or two. Then it's yours to keep forever and ever."

How about we trade shirts and call it even? :)

Nice Shirts!

Marc,

I like 'em both! Hard to choose, but I think I like number one in red. I won't arrive at OSH until Wed. or Thur. either, so will have to try and be in line early in the morning at your booth. Look forward to seeing you.

Marc....now you're just stealing my thunder! I thought I was the only one who was supposed to give away free shirts at OSH (and everywhere else) in exchange for people wearing them all over tarnation! :) Now the EAA has that dumb rule that we can't give away more than "x" shirts at OSH - so there will be a LOT of them sent out before the show!

Really, all kidding aside. I like the white, but wouldn't wear it at OSH. At OSH white shirts and me don't mix....I end up schlobbering mustard from a brat, BBQ sauce, ice cream, or other delicacies all over it half way through the day....plus white isn't very "slimming" and lord knows I need help there!

We've given away thousands of shirts over the years and quit with the white/cream/tans because most people soiled them rather quickly and they got relegated to the rag bin sooner than the red ones.

I tell ya what....I'll wear a VP shirt one day at OSH if you wear a SteinAir shirt one day at OSH - Deal?!?!? :D

Cheers,
Stein

comments

i say white, and also suggest the plane truly be VERTICAL to catch ones eye and reinforce the name. Just my thoughts... i will be there saturday night camping out early just for my free shirt

FYI....don't know if anyone told you or not, but thanks to the EAA you have to pull the "Airventure 2008" off of there or you'll be sued, fined and kicked out of EAA. It's in the fine print somewhere in that huge binder of "stuff" they send exhibitors before the show - Ooops, I forgot...the binders must have cost too much so now all you get is a CD; of which I'm sure you read the entire thing! :)

It's an "adventure" for the attendees, but you should try to be an exhibitor for awhile...the experience is something....

My 2 cents as usual!

Cheers,
Stein

FYI....don't know if anyone told you or not, but thanks to the EAA you have to pull the "Airventure 2008" off of there or you'll be sued, fined and kicked out of EAA.

Maybe Marc can change it to "Oshkosh 2008". Would that pass the attorneys scrutiny?

FYI....don't know if anyone told you or not, but thanks to the EAA you have to pull the "Airventure 2008" off of there or you'll be sued, fined and kicked out of EAA. It's in the fine print somewhere in that huge binder of "stuff" they send exhibitors before the show - Ooops, I forgot...the binders must have cost too much so now all you get is a CD; of which I'm sure you read the entire thing! :)

It's an "adventure" for the attendees, but you should try to be an exhibitor for awhile...the experience is something....

My 2 cents as usual!

Cheers,
Stein

Yeah, I bumped into this a few years back. I wanted a shirt with the year on it, been buying the same style for years as a trip memento, and the vendor, who I had been dealing with for 5 prior visits, said they could no longer sell dated shirts.

I suspect it has something to do with being able to sell prior years stock, instead of having a bunch of unsold "dated" merchandise laying around.

Its nothing more than the EAA/Airventure folks wanting to be the only people collecting money for anything related to airventure. We all like to buy the dated shirts, this way the only way you'll get one is at the EAA Store!!! :mad:

We have permission from EAA to use "Oshkosh 2008" but things like "Airventure 2008" are strickly verboten.

For Stein, and in honor of the OSH controllers, we'll have a special pink shirt made up for you. :D

Yes

You can get one with your VP-100. :D We have another shirt (slightly different) that we include with each order.

Final Design

Thanks for everyone's input!

The final design for the OSH giveaway shirt (and approved by EAA) is below:
osh08final.jpg

We will have sizes medium through 2XL available. Also, there is probably no "perfect" way to do this, so we'll give out 50 the first day, and 20 each additional day through Friday. If we run out, please come by early the next day - that seems like the fairest way to do it. :)