Rainier Lamers

Well Known Member
I have uploaded a precompiled Navidata file for use with MGL Avionics G1 and G2 systems to www.MGLAvionics.co.za, follow the left button on the website labeled "Navidata files maintained by MGL Avionics".

I have added a navidata file based on the current NACO ARINC 424 and obstacle database publication. This file covers the U.S.A.

The navidata file contains the following items:
About 68000 waypoints, reporting points and navaids (VOR, NDB etc), around 15000 airports and airfields with communications information and runways (where published), about 1600 airspaces and 140.000 obstacles.

Note: The NFD is "work in progress". While the published ARINC file is starting to become usable its most obvious issue is lack of airport communications records. In order to overcome this I have added the missing information as obtained from third party sources.

We will maintaining this database not on a regular schedule but on an "as needed" bases. We will be offering this to our customers as free download and it forms an alternative to other free data sources and subscription products.

We hope that authorities in other countries and regions will take note of the FAA/NACO initiative and follow this welcome development.

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

Rainier,

I found a supplier out of Australia that is listing the new Xtreme efis system for $1595 AUS. Does that mean that you have settled on a price for the EFIS and is it a direct exchange rate ($1450ish?).

Will

Last edited:
I can't comment on prices outside of South Africa as I don't make those prices. Using an exchange rate of R7.50 to the USD (this varies every day), the local retail price is about $908 including 14% local sales tax.
Oversees prices tend to be a bit higher due to shipping costs, customs fees and things like that - and these prices vary by a lot - also don't forget that many countries (including Oz) add fat sales taxes.

We expect to finally start shipping next week and the first production run is completely sold out.

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

Rainier,

I found a supplier out of Australia that is listing the new Xtreme efis system for $1595 AUS. Does that mean that you have settled on a price for the EFIS and is it a direct exchange rate ($1450ish?).

Will