vlittle

Well Known Member
Well, a lot of people have been asking "what happened to Vx Aviation's products?".

What has happened is this: For personal reasons, I've decided to stop manufacturing widgets. Rather than letting the products fade away, I have decided to share the design information with anyone who wants it for non-commercial purposes.

There are a lot of folks on VAF who will happy with this. It's probably not much cheaper to build the widgets yourself, but it is a lot more fun, and you can modify the designs for your own purposes.

The website has been updated with the first round of designs: the audio products and wiring hubs. As time permits, the remainder of our designs will be released on the site.

Update: you can now download information from the site automatically, you just need to follow the links to get a username and password. I know it sucks to have to password control, but it's the only way I can get you to read my disclaimers notices! My goal is to have schematics, pcb layouts, bills of material and installation guides on all of the products available.

This should be a lot of fun for the electrical types on VAF. I also will post design information for any of the clever widgets that others want to 'donate' to the freeware cause.

Thanks

AXIS-ALL-photo.jpg

AMX-4A-4B-photo.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Vern,
I hope that this means that you have simply decided to devote more time to yourself to enjoy! I'd be very interested in seeing the designs when you get it automated on the web site - you have always had some interesting stuff.

Paul

The Vx Aviation website has been updated to include more design information, and password-controlled acess to source files.

The stuff is free, but controlled... you'll need a password and userid to login. Details are on the site. www.vx-aviation.com

Some folks have asked about purchasing blank pcbs. If they are available, I have no problem selling them at our cost. They are listed on the site, but it's probably better to contact us to check on inventory if you want something.

If they are not available, you can download the source file for the pcb layouts and order them yourself from PCBExpress. This will likely cost more because you need to order a minimum of 3 boards from them, and some of the designs have multiple instances per board. You can share the extras with a friend, but you can't sell them for revenue.

Thanks

Yikes! There seems to be a large demand for free stuff. My apologies those of you who are requesting login id and passwords... my email inbox is getting crowded.

I'm prioritizing simple requests for login credentials. Unfortunately, I can't provide too much support given my limited time. The idea of free stuff is that I put all of the information into your hands so you can take it and work with it. I'm not currently in a position to provide customized support for those who want to make modifications or looking for application advice.

I will eventually be posting more information to make self-support easier (bills of material, FAQs). I will also answer all of the email support questions, please give me some more time.

Thanks

Well, a lot of people have been asking "what happened to Vx Aviation's products?".

What has happened is this: For personal reasons, I've decided to stop manufacturing widgets.

Man Vern, you scared me, I thought I was going to be obsolete!

The Vx site has now been upgraded with more free electronics stuff.

As always, caveat emptor. I hope to add some more designs for download in the new year. I also hope also to get some of the VAF folks out there contributing designs for posting on the site.

Thanks, Vern

Trim Servo Motor Controller

The Vx site has been updated with the schematic of a trim servo motor controller.

This design can be stacked (to form a pair of controllers) and the stack will fit into a standard enclosure. Good for 5 amps each, and there is a PWM circuit for 2-speed operation controlled by an external input.

Thanks,

Website changes

I've had to change the site a bit because some of my 'free stuff' was being downloaded by individuals in countries that do not respect international copyright laws.

All this means is that for access to schematics (as well as board layouts etc.), a login id is required. Since I set this up manually, there can sometimes be a delay in access. Sorry for this.

The Installation Guides are are still available without login, and an example of a schematic is buried in the IL-4A Installation Guide.

... and I thought giving away everything for free would make my life easier!

Thanks.