rv8guy

Well Known Member
Four years ago today, Miss Sue took to the air for the first time. I signed on at work this AM, and there was Doug's random picture of "Miss Sue"!!, how cool is that.

I clearly remember reading posts like this during the time I was upside down doing some wiring, plumbing, or just making airplane noises, so I know there are a lot of you out there, not done yet.

It will get done, and you can look back at some point, and still not believe it is real. yesterday at 5500, just cruising around, I just reflected on how much fun and satisfaction this project that started in 1998 is still bringing me.

Befor I go, a shameless plug for Doug's site that has provided an immense amount of information, pleasure, fun, and a little feeling of accomplishment as new first flilghts appear daily, and to get an approach plate for the North Pole is just too much. What a bunch of talented good hearted people enjoy this site.

hobbs at 308 btw.

Have a great Holiday Season

Right back at ya!

Marshall, I'm not sure if you even remember, but I contacted you several months ago when I found your aircraft on this site and asked you to send me more pics, which you graciously did. I have also followed your recent prop change and appreciated your comments as to the change in performance from the 3 to the 2 blade configuration. Just wanted you to know that I still have your pics and I look at them often.

In fact, the one with your updated panel is currently my wallpaper on on my home laptop, and my oldest son caught a glimpse of that the other day and asked me "Is that what yours is going to look like dad? That is so cool!"

So, be it known throughout RV land that your aircraft, as well as many others, are still serving as inspiration to those of us still mired in the "in progress" state of our builds... I know that mine will be done someday, and I truly appreciate the reminders from those of you that have been there before. They keep me going, even on the cold days here in Colorado.

Happiest of holidays to you and yours...

Merrychristmas Marshall.. Say that note book of instructions with the clamps,,,,got a idea for you. I took all my section 8 and copied the the whole section by putting the front and back of a page on their own page. WHEN YOU STACK ALL THE PAGES IN A PILE YOU PUT THE MAIN PAGE THAT YOU ARE WORKING ON TOP ,This way I'am always on one page without looking back and forth. and your work book stays nice and clean. 9a Ron Oregon