RidiculousM

Well Known Member
Is it structural? If not I'd like to remove it. I did ask one of the Van's tech support engineers as a side note to another question and he wasn't sure. Also if I do remove it can it be put back in later when completed?

Thanks
Mike

I fly without mine. There was some work I was doing on rudder pedals, springs, etc, and I wanted to install, try it out, and make adjustments without having to install and remove the floor. Seemed to work fine.

I know that isn't very scientific, but it worked for me.

I was told by Vans that it isn't structural. I ended up putting a removable panel in the floor to get at the rudder pedals. Putting the complete floor in after your finished is a real bear because of the screws on the left side. Hard to get a screwdriver in there.

Use hex-head screws

Some of The machine screws that hold the fwd baggage compartment floor in are difficult to access. I use hex-head screws and a small socket with a flexible drive and an electric screwdriver. Even the screws on the left side are easy to remove and install. Removal of the baggage compartment floor is an easy 5 minute job!

Dan Miller
RV-8 1100 hours of fun