DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
Forums going down periodically over the weekend...

System work - installing backup network card. *Should* be down for around half an hour.

Best,
Doug

Last edited:
Sure! After all, what could possibly go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...

go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...vgo wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...go wrong...

Back up!

They were down for 17 minutes and the upgrade *seems* to have gone as planned.

Have a nice Saturday night and Sunday.

b,
dr

...and during that 17min, panic set in across the country, I'm sure. I know it did at my place even though we were warned :). Thanks for keeping up with maintenance Doug.

Well, I'm glad calm has been restored :D.

b,
d

scard said:
...and during that 17min, panic set in across the country, I'm sure. I know it did at my place even though we were warned :). Thanks for keeping up with maintenance Doug.

I missed the whole thing because Comcast was down in my neighborhood when I got back from the Ruston fly-in about 1630, and only came back up an hour ago.....man, you think doing with VAF for 17 minutes is bad - imagine losing the entire internet! I was about to resort to looking up something on my Blackberry, just to make sure the universe was still there...;)

Should be back up now (no more re-booting)

Looks like the additional network card is now in and the patching is done. Installed a software app called 'Spyhunter' on the server that will run each night around midnight.

There was a trojan that got on the box a couple of days ago, which is the primary reason for the downtime. That shouldn't happen again with the new app installed.

Three hours of downtime feels like a month when you're me :eek:.

Just so you'll know...the network cards and disk drives are now duplexed (duplicates running at same time). In the not-to-distant future I'm going to fully duplicate the server (server 'farm'). It's time.

Sorry again for the downtime.

Best,
Doug

Last edited: