DakotaHawk

Well Known Member
I've been training with the BlackJack Squadron for about a month now. Last week, I was cleared for solo two ship training, and this week, I was cleared for solo four ship training.

I still have a ton of work to do. My position keeping is atrocious! After a miserable first flight this morning, Rich decided to go up as a camera ship to video our training flight so I could see how bad my position keeping is.

Although it's obvious from the video that I have plenty to work on, I'm not completely discouraged, and I'm still having a great time - even though the after- flight debriefs are pretty critical.:eek:

Formation Flight - Four Ship Training

Formation flight

Something I would love to do someday! I can understand your hesitation to hold back a little, I've never been comfortable flying close to another plane. I am green with envy!:D

The fun flying afterwords is only in my dreams. Someday.

Looks like fun! Can't wait for the weather up here to improve so we can start our spring practices.

4 ship

I like what Kahuna always says "formation flying is a perishable skill, practice, practice , practice". Keep at it , you won't want fly anywhere without being on someones wing.

"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence then is not an act, but a habit." -Aristotle