alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Does anyone know if form 8130.35 is required for my Airthworthiness Cert.? It's titled "Amateur Built Aircraft Fabrication and Assembly Checklist" It's the one that lists the many tasks and provides check boxes for whether that part was a kit part, commercial assisted, am-builder assembled, or am-builder fabricated. The local FSDO sent it, but I seem to remember hearing that RV's don't need it b/c the FAA has already certified that RV's meet the 51% rule under the newer 2009 requirements.

I don't think you need the form. The Vans aircraft are listed on the REVISED LISTING OF AMATEUR-BUILT AIRCRAFT KITS (Updated on: September 30, 2010) which leads off by saying "...The following is a revised listing of aircraft kits that have been evaluated and found eligible in meeting the ?major portion? requirement of Title 14, Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) Part 21, Certification Procedures for Products and Parts, specifically, ? 21.191(g)...."

You should be able to google the document - if you need a copy, send a PM.

Dan

I'm not familiar with 8130.35 and can't find it on the FAA website. The "OLD" form was 8130.38.
The current form for determining 51% status is found in appendix 8 of AC20-27G.
If you build a kit that is listed on the "approved" list, you have built it without significant modification, and have not received commercial assistance, you don't need to use the list.