Fearless

Well Known Member
Forgot about my first anniversary - RV building that is

Wow time is whizzing by. On March 11th last year I purchased a previously started 9A kit, traveling to Virginia to pick it up. Tomorrow will be the first anniversary of purchasing an unstarted 9A empennage kit, on the advice from a 6A builder and a current 9A builder. Their reasoning was I wasn't ready to start on the wings which was the point that the previous owner had gotten to.

I started the empennage construction in June 06. Man were they spot on. Last week the 9A builder came over and helped me rivet the top skins on my left wing. I am now currently doing prep work on my right wing and will probably start sealing and riveting the right tank next week. Then on to the flaps and ailerons. I am hoping to start fuselage construction this summer.

I've got this build disease bad. While at work all I want to do is go home and build an airplane part.

I was reading another post earlier about flying spam cans. Saturday I went up with a fellow club member in their C172. It was nice to be up in the air but after getting the opportunity to fly in a 6A and 9A, I've been spoiled and can't wait to get done to fly my own RV. I need another fix in an flying RV to keep that motivation going.

Gotta keep pounding rivets. By the way this July will be my 21st wedding anniversary. Forgot that one and the build will be no more.

Last edited:
After reading your post I had a look in my builders log to see when this adventure started for me.
First entry was March 15th, 2004. Inventory of empennage kit.
Now three years and almost 2000 hours later I'm working on those finishing touches that seem to take forever. Hope to make first flight late this summer.