clutch22

Well Known Member
I was pretty excited when I got an email this morning saying Foreflight will be adding synvis shortly after Christmas. What I didn't like was the $25/year hike in price if you add that feature to your subscription.

For all you Garmin Pilot people, did you have to pay extra when they came out with their SynVis? I didn't think that was the case... Regardless, I wonder if Garmin will be increasing their prices too, to stay even with Foreflight.

I know in the grand scheme of things $25/year isn't that much money in the aviation world, but it would've been nice to add that on to the pro-subscription at no extra cost :)

What do you guys think?

To have the synthetic vision option on Garmin Pilot requires either an add-on to the base subscription, included in the advanced subscriptions, or the presense of the GDL-39R

To have the synthetic vision option on Garmin Pilot requires either an add-on to the base subscription, included in the advanced subscriptions, or the presense of the GDL-39R

Is the synthetic vision available in Garmin Pilot for Android yet? I have the app, but I only have the non-AHRS GDL-39.

My iOS version of Garmin pilot lists the Synthetic Vision option and my Android version does not.

Now that I look in the subscriptions page in the Android version I don't see any reference to a synthetic vision version. I was wondering if for some reason it just wouldn't show up if I didn't have the 3d version of the GDL39.

Thanks.

I had SV on WingX for a year, used it once and the novelty wore off quickly, too much heads down time and not eyes outside - more a gimmick than anything.

WingX implementation of SV, an additional $75 a year..not worth it.

Garmin implementation was good and no doubt FF will be as good but still would not rely on it.

Last edited: