DennisRhodes

Well Known Member
I still have the " Express" least expensive weather XM service on my 396 and have had for some time. I also have ADSB IN on another device. Since the first of the year 2015 i've noticed in addition to my paid weather service i also get about 100 channels of music. I haven't changed anything and as of yesterday the music is still there and obviously not a free music weekend as in the past. Anyone noticed this? is it a PR effort or maybe just a beni for paying them monthly for the past XX years? It is nice and afraid to call and see what the deal is !! Maybe i just leave it alone, i was considering cancelling the weather!!

I keep my XM subscription just for the music. It's always been there (at least since I bought my 396 in 2006).

I activated my Garmin G3X XM receiver with a music-only subscription the same way I did for my car XM radios. Price was the same but I don't know what it costs now.

I heard an ad on the radio the other day to try XM radio for free and that all devices have access. I don't recall how long they are running the promo.

The yearly subscription for XM is ridiculously high. Also, auto-renewal is part of the agreement for their services. Either call on the last day of the contract or mail in a money order for payment. That way they can't charge your credit card or withdraw from your checking account.

I call on the last day of my contract to cancel. Through negotiations to keep me as a customer, they give me a discount. This year cost me $29.00 for 6 months and I've been doing this for a couple years now.

I heard an ad on the radio the other day to try XM radio for free and that all devices have access. I don't recall how long they are running the promo.

That may be the answer. I ve enjoyed a weekend or two of music in the past for free. I was thinking that maybe now due to the ADSB weather service they might change up their packages a bit and try and retain some of their AV WX customer base. I might would consider this.