Keebs64

FOR SALE (updated from 05/01/24): I will be parting ways with my RV-14A project due to health reasons. This is a complete airframe kit. Basic details are below:

Tools: A complete RV-14 builders kit, with added DRDT-2 and industrial pneumatic squeezer.
Empennage: Complete, except for final fitting and fiberglass.
Wings: Partially built through Section 17 (Leading edges).
Fuselage: Uncrated, pieces still in paper wrapping.
Finishing: Uncrated, but easily re-crated. Grove brake kit (backordered). Configured for Lycoming YIO-390 EXP119

ZERO laser-cut parts were ever part of any of these kits (documented).

This is planned/built to Van’s spec (no modifications) by a skilled architect/engineer. All work is video documented and sample sections can be viewed on YouTube. All spars, structural parts, and overlapping surfaces are primed with a self-etching primer. Build quality is excellent.

I have all receipts and documentation. Current price, including shipping, for this package would be over $62,000.00, with lead-times from 4-12 months.

I will sell the complete package for $55,000.00. Payment in-full would be by cashier’s check or wire transfer. Located in Buffalo, NY for pick-up. Delivery in USA to anywhere east of the Rockies can be negotiated.

If interested, DM me for more details/photos. I will first verify identity in order to avoid scammers.

Last edited:
This week I purchased Scott's power plant (Engine+Prop) and, for what my word is worth, I wanted to share with the community that the experience couldn't be better. I am glad I could help him with his sale, and happy to get me an engine but, beyond that, it was really nice to get to know him and his project.

Scott gave me a video tour of his shop and project and I could see that the kit building was pristine. He is very detailed and the quality of the work is evident.

Anyone interested in acquiring this project will certainly be making a good deal.

Wish you the best Scott!

Do you have pics of your 14a project
Hello,

I do have pics, but what I have found to work better is to video chat (FaceTime, Zoom, MS Teams). I can give you a tour of my shop and project, then answer any questions you may have in realtime.

Let me know if this will work for you and we can set up a time.

Thanks,
Scott

I am currently only selling as a complete package. I might break up the package at a later date depending on any more interest in the individual kits.

Thanks,
Scott
If I am not mistaking you already separated some of the package. I was interested in your original post before it was updated and looking into funding before I text but the package was no more. Please let me know if the original package that you posted is still possible.

If I am not mistaking you already separated some of the package. I was interested in your original post before it was updated and looking into funding before I text but the package was no more. Please let me know if the original package that you posted is still possible.
Hello,

From my original post, I separated the power plant (engine/prop) from the tools/airframe. The power plant has been sold, and I am now selling the tools/airframe as a complete package.

The airframe is all four kits- empennage/wings/fuselage/finishing).

The tool kit was purchased from Plane Tools as an RV-14 specific kit, with added DRDT-2 and industrial pneumatic squeezer with three yolks. https://planetools.com/rv-tool-kit

Please let m know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
Scott

Hello,

From my original post, I separated the power plant (engine/prop) from the tools/airframe. The power plant has been sold, and I am now selling the tools/airframe as a complete package.

The airframe is all four kits- empennage/wings/fuselage/finishing).

The tool kit was purchased from Plane Tools as an RV-14 specific kit, with added DRDT-2 and industrial pneumatic squeezer with three yolks. https://planetools.com/rv-tool-kit

Please let m know if you have any further questions.

Thank you,
Scott
Scott,
Thank you for getting back to me, no further question at least at this time as I was interested in the full package that included the engine and prop.

Since the engine (presumably from Vans) that went with the airframe is sold could a buyer buy another engine from Vans to be able to complete the project?

Since the engine (presumably from Vans) that went with the airframe is sold could a buyer buy another engine from Vans to be able to complete the project?
I don’t believe so. I think it’s going to be pretty hard to sell this kit with the engine and prop option sold already. I don’t know the price savings vans gets but I’m sure it’s noticeable

I have that question (sale/transfer/new builder/serial number) currently submitted to Van's and I'm awaiting the reply.

Please keep in mind- Even if the answer is a firm 'no', there are numerous other sources for zero-time custom built engines. My asking price is over $10k less than the current purchase prices, and I can reasonable negotiate to make it worth it.

Thanks,
Scott