rjcthree

Well Known Member
For all the wrong reasons (looks cool) I'd like to fit my sensenich prop extension/spinner backplate/prop assy together - once. It is not drilled yet. I recognize it will be harder to do nutplates and whatnot on it as an assembly, but I need the mental boost right now (hating life and baffles) of being able to HANG THE PROP. As those of you who have been there, the extension to prop is an intentional interference fit.

I'm going to debur, alodine the backplate and *HOPE* I can do what I need to do. That will happen Saturday. ANybody who has found it to be NOT POSSIBLE to finish the spinner while it's assembled to teh prop, please speak up!

Rick 90432

I installed my Sensenich prop / spinner / extension only once. You can do it and it helps to have the mental boost.

Prop hang

Rick,
I did same as you are planning, and had no real issue. Prop really needs to be on to get the spinner dead on centerline anyway,as the backplate flexes a bit until everything is assembled.I painted the backplate flat black and front plate just in primer. Only regret was trying to paint the filler plates that go behind the plades to match the spinner. My prop was on for 4 years before I started the engine ! It does look cool, but it will be your worst enemy while working on the engine,FWF. Plan to impale some part of your body or head at least once !
Bill E.
RV-4
N76WE
Advance NC,8A7

Thanks

Thanks guys, after looking over the assmbly, measuring, I could see no reason not - just better to hear from those who have been there-done that. Rick 90432 < getting out the whompum stick

Last edited by a moderator: