joeboisselle

Well Known Member
I was installing the floor of my -4 today and remembered several posts mentioning using the -8 foot wells in the -4 for the sake of a comfortable passenger, but a VAF search come up with just comments and vans webstore has several part numbers for "footwell"
could someone with an -8 help me and all of future mankind :rolleyes: with a correct number? Or should I just build a set from scratch? Thanks in advance!

Each footwell is built up out of three pieces. You'll need one each of F-829BPP-R, F-829CPP-R, F-829DPP-R, F-829BPP-L, F-829CPP-L, and F-829DPP-L.

Joe, I installed the RV-8 footwells in my -4 a couple years ago. It makes a big difference in comfort for the backseater. However, you will have to modify them for fit and clearance from the aileron push-pull tubes.

Also, you won't have room to fit a wing leveler servo in that area after the installation.

I have some drawings (sketches, actually) of RV-4 footwells that I would use if doing it over and save the 50 bucks for the -8 parts. Let me know if you want them emailed to you. (mitchgarner757_at_aol.com)

Mitch Garner
RV-4 (flying)
Falmouth Airpark, MA