BoilermakerRV

Well Known Member
For those of you who have put your name just below the canopy, what font's have you used? I'm still years away from needing it, but it's fun to dream, right? Pictures would be greatly appreciated too.

Hi Michael

My font is Dom Casual Italic.

paint20.jpg

I called a local sign/vinyl shop, and told them I wanted my name and call sign for my airplane, and told them what they were. In about ten minutes, she emailed me the art - the name in a brush script, and the call sign underneath it in a military stencil look. I asked her if she'd done this before.....;)

Paul

Very timely, as I just added the name graphics after the new paint job. I used a font called "Rocket." It was used on several older cars, including (if I'm not mistaken) Corvettes in the 50s and 60s. Got the signs done at a local shop.

canopyname.jpg

I called a local sign/vinyl shop, and told them I wanted my name and call sign for my airplane, and told them what they were. In about ten minutes, she emailed me the art - the name in a brush script, and the call sign underneath it in a military stencil look. I asked her if she'd done this before.....;)

Paul

Hi Paul,
Can you tell me which shop you used. I just brought in my newly procured 9A Saturday and will be changing the name on the side soon.
Got that RV Grin, :D
Robin

Hi Paul,
Can you tell me which shop you used. I just brought in my newly procured 9A Saturday and will be changing the name on the side soon.
Got that RV Grin, :D
Robin

"Sign City" - about a hlf mile west of I-45 on FM528, headed towards Friendswood. I think they are technically in Webster?

Paul

You don't need no stinkin' font!

Send a copy of YOUR signature to AeroGraphics. They can make a stencil (positive or negative) that you can then use to paint your signature on th aircraft. Use a bold sharpie, they can size the image to whatever you want.