cbrown747

I sent vans(ken s) a question about two things. One is that I heard through another thread that removing the wings over and over would produce unsafe wear on the connection points. His response:

Well, you'd have to remove them many, many times. Several thousand probably. A simple
wear guage is part of the kit, but we have yet to hear of an out-of-spec bushing. I doubt we
ever will.

Second question was that it appears very few airports allow the transportation of the rv-12 to and from the airport for the purpose flying. I was asking him if he had any opinion for the removal of the wings for the purpose of storing the airplane at home.

No idea, I'm afraid.

What is your findings on the above concerns? Thanks of any info on
this.

I wanted to ask around if others out there noticed the same restrictions at airports concerning launching the rv-12.

I don't see how an airport can decline to let you assemble and operate your RV-12. It is a registered, N-numbered aircraft. Similarly, airports can't prohibit you from assembling and launching your balloon or glider.

Do you have first hand experience with an airport which attempted to deny use? If so, I'd contact AOPA and/or EAA.

Actually that is a great idea. I should pose that quesiton to aopa and eaa on allowing aircraft such as rv-12's to be trailered to and from airports to fly.