Tram

Well Known Member
Hey guys-

Looking at picking up a new toy - an Airbike. I've found one I like, but it only has 7 hours total time on it. Both engine and airframe.

Can I as non-builder fly off phase I?

Any qualified pilot can fly off the phase I testing.

Read the operating limitations and make sure you adhere to the flight test area. If you intend to do the flight testing in a different geographical location, you must get the op lims amended.

Last edited:

Read the operating limitations and make sure you adhere to the flight test area. If you intend to do the flight testing in a different geographical location, you must get the op lims amended.

How can I go about getting the operations limitations amended? Plane is in Oklahoma. I'm bringing it to Alabama.

How can I go about getting the operations limitations amended? Plane is in Oklahoma. I'm bringing it to Alabama.

You'll need to contact you local FSDO and tell them you need to have the op lims amended. They can do it for free.

Otherwise you would have to hire a DAR to do it.

Ok, so after I get the plane here, call up the FSDO and go from there? That seems easy enough.

Might want to call John Burgin, DAR in BHM, before calling the BHM FSDO. John will know who you want to contact.

Isn't the AirBike an ultralight? If so, it will not have an N-number, thus no Op's Limits to follow.