I need to fly a friend to Houston to go to MD Anderson Clinic. What is the easiest, closest, rv friendly apt in the area? Possibly with a hanger for a few days. i will be coming out of Kansas. Thanks Brian Shirley 527BS

Houston West Airport

I fly into Houston regularly for medical checkup's at Methodist Hosp. I always fly into Houston West Airport (IWS), the service is great, they have great courtesy cars if your not going to be gone long and a great rate on rent cars ($35.00 per day). They also have the cheapest gas in town. The airport is on the west side of Houston and is easy to get in and out of whether your flying in IFR or VFR. The drive is about 30 min to Methodist Hosp, MD Anderson is in the same medical complex as Methodist. Godd Luck, if you need any further help, let me know and I'll be happy to call you.

Gary
WannaRV

I agree with Gary that IWS is a very nice facility, and they'll treat you very well. However, I'd argue about the fule price - Airnav has them at $3.88 per gallon right now, and you can get it for $2.79 at Baytown, or even $2.71 at the self-serve pump at Brazria (Shhhhh...don't spread it around!).

I think if it were me, I'd stop for fuel somewhere on my way in to West Houston - the great thing about RV's is they are so fast that a few miles out of your way doesn't make any difference!

Paul

I got back today from my trip to Houston. I ended up flying into Hobby because they were the only ones that had rental cars on New Years Day. On short final I asked tower where Enterprise was so I knew which way to exit the runway. They sent me south to Ent. Jets! So I taxied to Ratheon and they dont have any outside tiedowns as most of them dont! I guess spam cans dont blow away. A few phone calls later I was taxiing to Wilson Air. They have tiedowns. They were a Enterprise car dealer, honored our rate that we had booked at another location, brought the car to the plane before we unloaded our bags, helped us tiedown, printed us a map, and all with a smile!!!! Awesome guys. Wilson Air. Use them! Brian Shirley

Brian Shirley said:
So I taxied to Ratheon and they dont have any outside tiedowns as most of them dont! I guess spam cans dont blow away. A few phone calls later I was taxiing to Wilson Air. They have tiedowns.

OK then; the parking brake option it will be. Thanks!