jscottpilot

Does anyone know where I can find information about flying international with an experimental aircraft. I know there is an ICAO treaty that allows this. Is there a list of countries that are part of the treaty. I specifically want to fly to south and central america.

Have you tried AOPA?

jscottpilot said:
Does anyone know where I can find information about flying international with an experimental aircraft. I know there is an ICAO treaty that allows this. Is there a list of countries that are part of the treaty. I specifically want to fly to south and central america.
Try AOPA first.

Check Your Operating Limitations

It states that this aircraft does not meet the requirements of Annex 8 of the ICAO. You must have written permission to operate in or over another country.
There is a blanket permission for Canadian operations, but you must have a hard copy aboard the aircraft.

Go to BajaBushPilots and read away - they fly group trips all the time, and the forum is a great place for just this question.

On edit - did a quick search on BBP and found a recent thread, I also found Dan C's. original thread on flying experimentals into Mexico - then it occured to me that yes - he did do a nice writeup of his trip to Guadalajara... Unfortunately it was in 2004 and does not allow me to link to the archive. Do a search with Experimental as a key word and it will pop up.

Last edited:
jscottpilot said:
Does anyone know where I can find information about flying international with an experimental aircraft. I know there is an ICAO treaty that allows this.
Which ICAO treaty is this?

jscottpilot said:

The following site is not specific to experimentals, but may prove to be of some use (click on the "Flight Info" link at the top of the home page):

http://www.earthrounders.com/