rpellicciotti

I'm flying in to PDK (Atlanta) next weekend to visit relatives. Any advice or suggestions? Would someone like to recommend a "homebuilt friendly" FBO?

thanks,

Rick Pellicciotti

You wont find any particular homebuilt friendly FBO. EPPS has a good reputation. I use them often. You wont get off cheap at any location here. This is a busy regional airport with lots of schools and biz jets.

I commute to work many times a week to PDK. As mentioned, Epps is the better choice, and they are becoming more friendly to RV's. Gas is expensive, though.

Vic

Epps is definetelly the friendliest GA FBO.. the other are more into heavy iron and they will charge you $$$$$

I flown into PDK with my Pitts several times and it is no difference that any other airport inside a B aispace...just talk to them and they will transition you well. Just be ready to accept 02L/20R for GA.

If you have an option...go to KLZU Landmark FBO...easier airport to get in an out..

I used Epps for years but recently switched to Signature. You can get a nice car to use for two hours maybe even four hours at Signature for just putting either 7 gals or 10 gals of fuel in. I am usually out off there for less than $50.

Hello

I happen to have some hanger space at LZU if you need a free hanger for the weekend. LZU is not too far away from PDK. The cheap fuel is at 19a (Jackson County). Please feel free to PM or email me. I'll be more than happy to give you a ride if you need it.
Best
Brian Wallis

Last edited: