Wtrski13

I'm New Here
I'm about to jump in and get an RV8 purely on word of mouth, and good looks. I have never flown one or in one. Anybody in the Virginia area looking for some company on a flight? A good hamburger?

Thanks!

I'm about to jump in and get an RV8 purely on word of mouth, and good looks. I have never flown one or in one. Anybody in the Virginia area looking for some company on a flight? A good hamburger?

Thanks!

Virginia is not too far from North Carolina at RV speeds. Where are you located. Maybe we can work something out.

Virginia

Peter,
Welcome aboard VAF.......
I'm based in Louisa, LKU just west of Richmond.
We have 4 RV-6's based there, but no RV-8's.
I know there is one (RV-8) at New Kent County Airport as well as
a RV-6A and an RV-7A.
Sorry but I don't remember the RV-8's owners name. He did build it though
so he would be a good source of information close by to you.
The local EAA chapter is 231
http://www.eaa231.org/index.htm
They have a nice website and a meeting comming up next week too.
We most always have a RV seat open and fly most Saturdays and Sundays,
You are welcome to join us anytime.
If Ron wants to fly up from NC, he could meet you at LKU and we could all have a good time! We could even do lunch too.
My cell is 804-641-3739

There's one out in Leesburg!

Peter,

My hangar mate at Leesburg (JYO) has a flying RV-8, and depending on where you are and his schedule, you might be able to work something out.

Let me know and I'll set you guys up together.

Warrenton

Peter,

Rob Brooks and I both have -8s and are based in Warrenton. We routinely give rides and would be happy to accomodate your request. I'll be out for the next week and Rob is currently ferrying a -4 back from the West Coast but if you can wait a week or two we'll be more than happy to help.

RV8 Ride

I'm in Blacksburg, VA and would be happy to share the RV grin. Based at PSK. Can always justify a good trip.

Wow! Thanks for the quick response. I've just added another reason to build an RV. To join such a great bunch of pilots. I am so impressed by the group on this website. Some of the so called professional pilot websites almost make me embarassed to be a pilot.

I'm next to FCI. We have a great restaurant with great BBQ. I get hungry just smelling it every time I'm near. I also can fly to meet any of you at your base or somewhere else fun.

I'm actually looking at moving to Louisa in the next few years.

The next week is busy but, as things quiet down I should be able to meet up with anyone.

Maybe Mar. 14 or 15th.

Take care,
Peter V.

All of you are very close by. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with every one of you at some point since I'm sure each one of you will have slightly different advice on the RV8. The homebuilt is so neat since you get to personalize the aircraft to your specific taste unlike the certified a/c.

Take care
Peter V.

I've told this story before but this is truly a great group of folks who are genuinely passionate about aviation. I was at 52F late one afternoon and noticed "the Doug Reeves" wiping his plane down after a flight. I went down to his hanger with only the hope of looking at his beautiful airplane. Without hesitation Doug said jump in and I'll give you a short flight. 20 minutes or so later I was helping him push his plane into the hangar for the night and I can't describe the feeling both from the excitement of the flight and performance to the appreciation for his generosity. I know that generally after a day of flying I want to get home to a big glass of iced tea. I realize the effort Doug put forth to fire back up and take me for a ride. I ordered my tail kit shortly after that day.

Thanks again Doug.