noelf

Well Known Member
...there are several changes in the local airport area:

1. Sanford-Lee County Regional Airport (TTA): has changed its name to "Raleigh Executive Jetport at Sanford-Lee County". The Unicom call will be "Raleigh Exec". It will keep the current TTA identifier.

2. Franklin County (LHZ) near Louisburg: has changed its name to "Triangle North Executive Airport". The Unicom call will be "Triangle North Franklin County". It will keep the current LHZ identifier.

Thanks for the warnings

I'll be flying through there this weekend. Thanks for the tip.

Interesting that Sanford is making this naming move. It's only twice as far away from RDU as Horace Williams (IGX). Of course, if the silly Chapel Hill and UNC anti airport politics keep on the current path, I will have to fly into Sanford in order to see my mom at my old home place near Chapel Hill. IGX could be so much more than it is. If memory serves, when I was a kid bummin at the place, it was the largest sod field east of the Mississippi.

Last edited:
I hear 'ya...

... and the recent airport name changes are to entice the corporate jet set crowd into purchasing jet fuel, tie down fees, etc from these not-too-distant airfields from the KRDU facilities. It would appear that for this to happen, the inclusion of "Executive" needs to be a part of the formal name.