Draker

Well Known Member
Stumbled upon a recently posted YouTube video of a RV’er who flew his RV-9A from Madison, WI to Rio de Janiero, Brazil. He went over the planning, paperwork, logistics, and equipment required to make such a trip. What a cross-country (cross-world)! I’m not affiliated with this guy, just found the video to be excellent and informative.

Definitely on my bucket list now.

https://youtu.be/jiSIIh3cH-k

EDIT: Looks like he did a trip writeup/follow-along on VAF last year, so this is old news. Sorry. Video was still a nice overview of the trip.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a guy named Jon Johansen from Australia...he circumnavigated the globe in his RV-4.....TWICE. ( In both directions!). I think it was in the early 2000s. Longest leg was Hawaii to Santa Barbara, Ca...about 15 hours!:eek:

Get er flying!

Ryan,

Looking forward to you getting your finished bird in the air, you’ve done a fantastic job with the build! And, thanks for the tour a couple weeks ago.

Regarding Gilles (sp?), I had a great conversation with his wife and him regarding flying to Mexico and Brazil at Oshkosh last year. Superb couple, a great inspiration for these trips along with their builds (9 and now the 10).

Anyway, psyched about what you’ve accomplished and let me know if you need transition help.

Paul