Saville

Well Known Member
No question - longest XC I ever made. However I kept each leg to about the same size as my previously longest XC. So it really didn't seem difficult at all. I enjoyed it immensely.

While in Paris, Billy and Jana showed me the sights including the big tourist attraction of Paris....Tx:

That's me under the tower.

Billy also showed me one historical sight - Flying Tiger airport - Home of the famous Junior Burchinal. This is where it all began.... It was amazingly small for handling B-17's and P-51's:

Now to the Cross Country:

First leg was from Paris Tx KPRX to KHEE. I Wanted to compare the fuel gauges to my actual burn. Dead on. However I did take the time to snap a picture of crossing the Mighty Mississippi. I considered it a kind of milestone:

Next leg was KHEE to KCHA. I got Flight Following after getting airborn which explains why the track isn't complete:

Next was KCHA to KHKY. My original plane was to get all the way to KPHF in Virginia, but I was running out of daylight and I played it safe and landed in Hickory NC.

So ends Day 1.

Day 2:

KHKY to KPHF :

Followed by the most scenic leg of all: KPHF to KBDL. I flew over Philly airspace and around NY City airspace.

Then the last leg - KBDL to KBVY. Flying over home ground in my airplane...what a thrill:

The plane performed beautifully and I did pretty well myself.

Incredible!

Not only a great trip but you flew almost directly over my field :)

On the leg following KPHF, you crossed the Chesapeake and headed up the Eastern Shore. You passed within probable 2 miles of 53VG :)

Last edited:
Incredible!

Not only a great trip but you flew almost directly over my field :)

On the leg following KPHF, you crossed the Chesapeake and headed up the Eastern Shore. You passed within probable 2 miles of 53VG :)

Did you wave? ;)

I have to say you fly in very pretty country.