Coinneach

Well Known Member
Got a friend who's looking to sell her Tripacer for $15K. I'm thinking, snap that up, use it to stay current while I'm building, then when it comes time to hang the engine on 35F, pull the TP's O-320 and rebuild it for 35F. Engine has about 1200SMOH and complete logs, airplane has NDH.

Hmmmm...

I wouldn't rebuild it unless there is a problem. It's much better to run a proven engine on a new airplane. And that engine, cared for, should go for up to 3000 hrs. before OH. My engine had 2500 hrs. when I put it on my -6. I overhauled it at 2815 to increase hp. It was still running great.

engine

Be sure to specify the conical engine mount from Vans for your -9 when transplanting the engine from your TriPacer.

Steve

Steve said:
Be sure to specify the conical engine mount from Vans for your -9 when transplanting the engine from your TriPacer.

Steve

Yeah, I didn't figure something that old would have the dynafocal mount.

Mel said:
I wouldn't rebuild it unless there is a problem. It's much better to run a proven engine on a new airplane. And that engine, cared for, should go for up to 3000 hrs. before OH. My engine had 2500 hrs. when I put it on my -6. I overhauled it at 2815 to increase hp. It was still running great.

Good call, thanks.

Sounds like a plan. I really enjoyed my TriPacer - and it will really make you appreciate the control response and visibility of your RV. ;)