algrajek

Well Known Member
Does anyone know who sells a complete(relative term!:))Fly away tool kit?
I had a really nice one that I got from a supplier on this site, but it went with my last airplane. Dumb mistake. Anyway I would like to find one that I don't have to put together.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Nordo

Avery Tools has good complete kits, but they're retiring and going out of business. Maybe you can get a clearance special!

I bought this one from ACS: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/cruztools12-03772.php?clickkey=1845451

ptk1.jpg

Just go to Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's or your favorite hardware store.

Buy what you need. It will be less expensive than buying a pre-made kit from a specialized aviation reseller.

Something I've noticed while doing a condition inspection is that some special tools are sometimes helpful/needed.

So, during my first inspection I made a list of those tools and they go in my travel bag with the standard wrench and screwdriver set.

For example, I use ratchet straps to support my lower cowl (A model) while removing or installing it. So the straps go in my travel kit.

Another is the small wrench for the #8 metal lock nuts on my engine adel clamps. These are not the basic 3/8 or 7/16 used everywhere else.

And my axle nut wrench just to name a few.

To minimize the weight, I only take the tools I absolutely need. So to me, buying a full kit from someone else may include items I would remove anyway.

Just go to Home Depot, Lowe's, Menard's or your favorite hardware store.

Buy what you need. It will be less expensive than buying a pre-made kit from a specialized aviation reseller.

That's my plan. And I figure since my wife has the fancy sewing machine she wanted and loves to use it, sewing up a little custom made tool roll shouldn't be a problem. She can even put the registration number on it.

Something I've noticed while doing a condition inspection is that some special tools are sometimes helpful/needed.

So, during my first inspection I made a list of those tools and they go in my travel bag with the standard wrench and screwdriver set.

Ditto. I went to The Container Store and bought a plastic box about the size of a shoe box and I load it with my tool list when I fly any distance.