RVdreamin

Guys...still rookie questions I know. Deburred all the HS-904/905 HS ribs and the next step is to flute. The nose ribs on the HS really have no place to apply the fluting pliers because of the notches in the rib flanges and the skin holes. I easily bent one straight because the notches allow an easy 'stress' location to straighten the ribs. The main HS ribs also have notches, but there is room for the fluting pliers. So the question is....Can I manually bend the HS main and nose ribs straight or should I use the fluting pliers? If I should use the fluting pliers, how can I flute the nose ribs on the HS? Thanks for the help..

I looked at other builder logs and it looks like they have cut more notches in the nose ribs and main ribs for the HS. Between each hole for the skin there is a notch cut which makes it easy to straigthen without fluting with pliers. There are also several ore notches in the flange on the HS main ribs also.....Its like they come up with a better idea for these part and straightening them. A little concerned I do not see the ribs I have on other web sites.

use the pliers

My ribs circa 2007 look like Mike's. No extra notches required. My original (used) pliers had a fat head (model fp10 i think) which created wide flutes. Others create narrower flutes and fit easily between the skin holes. Check out Avery model 500 as one example.

Good luck