Brambo

Well Known Member
Stupid question #2. Why does the squeezer set I got from avery have flush sets with different thicknesses? Is there an advantage/disadvantage to using one thickness over another? Assuming of course that you can fit any size you want into the area.

i bought a whole set of flush sets, but that was for my pneumatic squeezer, which didn't have an adjustable set holder. the different sizes work well with a washer here and there to get the correct spacing. i've since installed an adjustable set holder (SO much better than washers), and only use my favorite flush set in it. the others get used every once in a while in my hand squeezer when the adjustable set won't quite get the correct spacing.

Using a hand squeezer you'll find that you can use them to get over a lip and if you have a non adjustable set holder in your hand hel, it's nice to use the correct thickness so that the rivet is set when the handles are completely closed. Have no fear, you'll find yourself using all of them as time goes by and you get familiar with all the different situations you encounter.

However I always did wonder why they included a 470-3 rivet set when Vans does not use these rivets on my -7A. I did recently order some of them for use on small angle used in my baffling. These rivets are nice for when joining to layers of thin material and you dont want to dimple or need a flush head on either side as shown here.

ENGINE%20330.jpg

-Jeff