nbachert

Well Known Member
Patron
I just did my first rivets with the skin of the HS and they are smooth but you can just barely feel them. I used a friends tools to do the practice kit and the flush rivets there were almost countersunk. I'm wondering if I didn't give enough power when I dimpled them. I placed a ruler next to them and cocking it to the side part way in the dimple the rivets stick out about 1/100 of an inch. I'm hoping that doesn't mean I have to drill them out. Can someone please give me some guidance. I have a pic but I'm having issues posting it.

Thanks,

Nick

Hey Nick,
1/100 isn't much but do you have spring back dimple dies. That could be the difference.
Don't know what sort of trouble your having with pics. You can look to the top left under posting rules and above the green button and check out "insert Pics" for direction.
Good luck.

It's all about the dies.

Perfect example of how quality tools make the difference in a quality project. Save a couple dollars and purchase endless frustration.

I am interested to hear who your tools came from and who your friends tools are from?

If you would like me to send you a set of our dies to try out I would be happy to.

springback-dimple-die.jpg

Read more about our dies here.

Mike

-

Last edited:
Its not my tools. My friend had a C frame that I hit with a hammer and mine is just a mechanical arm, I just didn't have it set properly i guess. I'm getting the other rivets to sit well now around the edges but is there a way I can get the ones down the center spar dimpled a little deeper? I can get the male and female dimple on the holes but can't squeeze them.

Last edited: