GalinHdz

Well Known Member
I just updated my iPad app and now it doesn't start up. I tried un-installing the app and re-installing but it still happens. All my other apps work just fine. I got this reply from FltPlanGo within 5 minutes of sending them an e-mail about the problem:

Our apologies for the problem.

Apple's new "Swift" code framework for iOS8.0.2 has a bug in it. This bug only affects iOS8 (and not iOS7). When an app is uploaded to Apple for review, the developer's code is being incorrectly compiled (built) by Apple's system. This is a known bug with Apple. Apple says they will have this fixed with a new release in the next few days.

In the meantime, please use our FltPlan Legacy app until the issue is resolved. You can download it by going to the App Store and searching fltplan.

In the future, please do not upgrade to any new iOS until it's been out there for at least 1 month. Apple does not necessarily make their new releases backwards compatible. Every airline and every major flight department prohibits their pilots from upgrading to a new Apple iOS system for at least 2 months (and usually longer). In addition, Apple can take 10-14 days to review, approve, and release any developer's apps that get updated.

Thanks,
Kristin
[email protected]

I guess I will wait until Apple fixes the issue. My smart phone is an Android device so I have been using the app on it without any problems.

:cool: