Jkkinz

Well Known Member
Since we are all obviously excited about April 15 coming up tomorrow, I thought I would give the Florida builders an update on my experience with paying my tangible (sales) tax to The Florida Department of Revenue. After I received my finish kit I started looking on the forum for info about when was the best time to bite the bullet and pay my sales tax to Florida. There was some good info but not as much as I had hoped. I decided to just call the DOR and find out what I needed to do. I talked to a Ms. Burdick in the aircraft and boat section. I informed her that I had bought an out of state aircraft kit. She directed me to the DOR forms section on their website so I could download the Tax form for aircraft purchase. Since I had bought the subkits at different dates, she said to just use the date I received my finish kit. Since I did not yet have my registration, she said to just write kit in that section. I added up the totals I paid for my subkits and paid 7% tax....thats 6% for the state and 1% for Osceola county. No late fees or penalties for the subkits that I purchased early. I asked Ms. Burdick what I needed to do when I registered the plane and she said that they will be contacting me. All I needed to do then was send a copy of the receipt to her and she would take care of it. Not as hard as I would have imagined. The people were real nice to deal with and are definately not out to get you.