RonH

Hi all...

First of all, let me say that this is a great site and I really enjoy all the info that you guys (and ladies) put out. I'm pretty new here (registered), but I've been lurking for quite a while. I was wondering, is anyone building/flying down here in the Keys? I'm particularly interested in -7's and -10's. I would love to stop by and take a look. Don't need a flight, it's just that I've never gotten to see an RV in person and I'd truly love to. I'm on Cudjoe, so anything from Marathon to Summerland to Key West would be perfect. Anyhow, once again, thanks for sharing all the knowledge. Sooner or later, I hope to be able to use it for my own project!

Ron

Welcome to VAF!!!!

Hi all...

First of all, let me say that this is a great site and I really enjoy all the info that you guys (and ladies) put out. I'm pretty new here (registered),

Ron

Ron, welcome aboard VAF:D

Neighbor

Hey Mike,

Well, he's up in W. Palm...that's actually about 4 hrs from here. Just to get out of the Keys to the mainland it's close to 3 hrs (traffic dependent) :eek: That's what you get when you live in a place with one road in and one out...;)

Ron

I bet if you offered a few nights stay and use of your vehicle, folks would be in line to fly down and show you their RVs. :D

Darn...

I was born in Key West and would love to make a trip back down. But all I have is a -4.... :(

I see from your bio that your occupation is "flying a balloon". If that's what I think it is, then throw one of those in and I'm on my way. Oh... wait... I don't even have an RV yet. Well, maybe someday we can hook up. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I'm thinking maybe a FL VAF lunch invasion of Sugarloaf. Anyone? I still haven't gotten my RV to the keys. Other suggestions welcome.

Ron, my wife and I will be in Key West next week for three days. I'd be happy to show you our -10.

PM me if you are interested, and I will give you details.

Just purchased a place

Purchased a small place on Big Pine Key with a canal in the back. We will be using it as a vacation rental soon. Hard to beat the Key's!:)

Thanks All...

Hey, our home is always open to anyone who wants to come down...we live on Cudjoe on a canal...5 min to the ocean :D.

Diamond...I think what I do is somewhat different than what you're thinking. I'm a flight director for the "tethered" aerostat on Cudjoe. Unfortunately, unmanned.

David...unfortunately, next week is kinda busy. We've got one guy out on vacation and another gone on business, so myself and the other two FD's have to cover 24hrs. Between now and December we're each going to get about 3 days off. Welcome to Paradise! Guess that's what you get when you work at a government owned, contractor operated facility in these economic times. At least I've got a job...a ton of folks here in this country don't, so I won't gripe too loud!

Celstar...this is most definately the time to buy down here. Eden Pines, I'd assume?

Ron

Last edited:
VAF invasion of the keys

Mike,

You set a weekend. My guess we'll get a few from ZPH to join you.
Sugarloaf is private but if you know how to get in there - terrific. Marathon is nice and FBO will take groups anywhere nearby they want to go. Great seafood not far from there.

Come up and visit us one day in Zephyrhills.

Mike,

Sugarloaf is private but if you know how to get in there - terrific. Marathon is nice and FBO will take groups anywhere nearby they want to go. Great seafood not far from there.

Count me in. The Keys are one of my favorite destinations

Mike,

+1 on Marathon. Went down for vacation this past May, good people. If you want some fun time, there's a guy at MTH who does Waco flights. He's...um...a character. That's about the best way I can summarize.

Keys

Ron, we get to Marathon on occasion for lunch. I can let you know when. I will be in Key West next week with my 7a. Send me a private mail and we can work something out.

Ned Rose
42TD

FL keys

I am a CFII from Los Angeles, CA
I have an RV10 completed in 2007 (N172KT) and an RV6A completed in 2005 (N64SH)
I will be on vaction in key West Nov 11-nov 15
hope we can hook up and talk RV
Son Hoang
818-217-5540
[email protected]