danielabernath

Well Known Member
I bought the RV12 from Wesley in Arlington Washington State. I took off the bottom cowling (what a pain to get back on) and note that he had put an air flow restricter panel on the front air intake.
It rarely gets to 40 degrees here and is mostly in the 70s and 80s.
I put the air flow restricter back on but wonder what the benefit is? In Florida should I just take it off for full air intake?
I've read the other discussions about this and people all talk about cold Quebec and Minnesota. Not the problem for Floridians.
25536219240_c78a000dc5_b.jpg

Agree with Carl. After sealing the baffles on my Cherokee 140 it would not get the oil up to 180 any time of the year without blocking part of the oil cooler.

After flying from Florida to Washington, DC area last November, where we had 27* on the ground and 6* at altitude where I couldn't get head temps out of the yellow and we froze out tushes off, I made a restrictor when I got home to Florida. Haven't had a chance yet to calibrate it. Will definitely not use it in Spring, Summer or Fall but maybe Winter and definitely for Winter trips north.

Last edited: