sglynn

Well Known Member
What prevents the elbow that that the flop tube is connected to, and that passes through the inboard rib from turning later when I bolt on a fuel line. I wired the flop tube to the elbow, put the elbow through the ribe and angle attache bracket and then installed the nut. I tightened the nut to about 120 in-lbs. But if I move the nut the elbow turns. This arrangement won't stop the elbow from turning later when I put on a fuel line. I did cover the whole thing with Proseal. Will that prevent turning later? Seems like something else is needed to ensure the elbow doesn't move later. thanks for your advice.

That same thought had run through my mind as well.
I riveted two pieces of .063 Aluminum Angle to hold it in place.
floptube_leftwing.jpg

prevent flop tube elbow from turning later

Dave I like your bracket or as Scott said "install the T-715 and I can do that for the one tank that I have not finished yet. But for the one tank where I installed the tube and have rubbed Proseal all over it, will the Proseal hold it, or do I need to take apart and do over? Any ideas on this?

You need to install the Anti Rotation Bracket, part T-715. They are pre-fabbed now and easy to install. Good luck!

Scott, aren't those for the regular pick-up tubes ?
We are talking flop tube here.

Steve, If you've already pro-sealed it, thats fine, just add the angles like in my photo and that should prevent the elbow from rotating.
The proseal helps, but I felt the angles would be better support in the long run.

Last edited:
flop brackets modified from the T-715s

I've modified the T-715 by cutting the top off and sanding out the inside a bit and turned it into a u-shaped bracket that does exactly what your photo shows. And I can still put one in the tank where I already mounted the flop tube. But what's curious is that there are a whole lot of flying RVs out there, and I've viewed a lot or builders construction logs and never seen this issue or solution raised before. I only see people using Proseal and tightening the nut. It might be the Proseal by itself is sufficient to hold the elbow from turning when the fuel line is eventually attached. If so, I wish somebody who does NOT have a bracket would write in and tell us if Proseal by itself worked just fine. thanks much I'll post photo tomorrow on www.mykitlog.com/sglynn