pazmanyflyer

Well Known Member
I found out today I made a boo boo installing my floor stiffeners. I accidentally put the left on the right and the right on the left. I labeled them wrong before putting them in for good so....yeah my bad. Anyways I found this out when I went to fit the front covers and low-n-behold they wouldn't fit. I REALLY don't want to have to drill out both sides and take the chance of messing up my purdy floor skin so can I just cut new reliefs in the covers to accommodate the new location of the vert. leg on the stiffener? The center stiffeners are fine. The direction doesn't bother me and strength wise it's the same. I'm just curious about fitment of other items down the line. I've looked forward and I really don't see an issue.

So trim for new relief and build on or increase my chance of buggering up my floor skins by removing?

DSCN0350.JPG

Last edited:
The only future issue I can think of is purchasing premanufactured carpet/cockpit floor parts from any of the vendors. They have everything sized for the angles being oriented the other way.
If that is not a factor for you, I think you should leave them as is.

Don't feel bad about it Carlos, my RV-9 QB fuselage came with the same problem. No big deal. Build on.
Michel

Me too

My 7a QB also had a factory reversed stiffener on each side..irritating, but not a big deal...keep going..mine flies fine and fast..stiffener notwithstanding...!