skidmk

Well Known Member
Hiya,,,,

finishing up the floor installs (nutplate, nutplate, nutplate) and the question is about the floor underneath the flap mech. blocks. Has anyone cut the floors so that they are not underneath the blocks? I could see this being useful, in that the floors could be removed without having to remove the flap mech. all the time?

M

I did it following someone's suggestion on this forum. It was very easy...just mark around the blocks and cut accordingly.

Deene.

You'll also want to cut out a slot where the flap actuation rod goes through the floor or else you can't get the floor piece out with out removing them, too.
I made completely removeable floors, and am glad I did. You can mount a lot of electronics under there. I did cut the floors into sections so that each bay is separate, though. You'll need extra pieces of aluminum to do this; however, since all of the pieces will need to overlap.

I split my floor pieces and made the aft 6" or so permanant. That way I didn't have to worry about the flap attach blocks or the rear seat hinge. The aft piece is short enough that I can reach under it if necessary. I used a doubler plate to connect the fore and aft pieces.