robertb328

Friend
I am one of those that try to follow the directions. But, I am scratching my head reading this one:

"Remove the F-837-1 Aft Control Mount. For the 2 bolt holes drilled in the previous step, drill # 40 nutplate attach holes in the F-830-1 Left Seat Floor and the F-814C-L-1 Inbd Seat Rib Angles"

I suppose it is possible to rivet nutplates in with the floor installed, but it wouldn't be easy and why is that necessary? If I install the nutplate just in the rib like others in the floor area, wouldn't that suffice? And, if I do have to remove the floor in the future, why would I want to have to drill out the nutplates also? I am just wondering if I am missing something?

Thanks

Drill the rib, not the floor

I put my nut plates in the rib. The bolt just passes through the floor. Let not your heart be troubled.

Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I could not think of any reason not to just put it in the rib, but I was fearful that there was some reason I was not aware of.

Same here

I left my nut plate riveted to the rib, I too saw no reason to rivet then to the floor. If I have to remove my floors I just want to remove the blind rivets, no nut plates.

Cheers

I am at this point and have the same thought. Anybody got any reason not to just put the nutplates on the ribs?