billpilot1

I'm just about done with my RV7a. I have a few wires and tubes running on the floor and wondering about any ideas about what others have done to finish the floor. I know the obvious of an aluminum plate cut to fit. Thought there might be some other neat ideas out there.
Thank you
Bill

Floor Ideas!

Gee, Someone has to have some good ideas on putting a floor in other than an aluminum sheet? Carpet, type? Don't let me down her guys (gals).
Bill

I used Super Soundproofing Sheet from Spruce, 3/4" thick, cut to fit between the angles, and covered with the lightest carpet I could find. You can easily cut channels or strips in the foam for wires or tubes, then hide everything under the carpet. The foam gets stuck to the floor with spray-on contact cement, the carpet goes on with carpet tape. I got the idea from someone else, works great. I flew most of my Phase I without it and was pretty shocked at how much quieter it got when I installed it.

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/supersoundproofsheet.php

carpet

If you want A/C grade carpet call Hohawk Commercial Carpet, Aircraft Carpet Division, po box 459 Landrum, S.C. 29356 phone 1-864-457-3391. You can buy rolls that did not make the QC check due to imperfections. I got a roll 10'X10' for FIVE DOLLARS. I ship this carpet to BA in England all the time. Same carpet that is down the center in the AB320. I got gray with a red and blue dots. ;)