N733JJ

Well Known Member
We are converting a standard, quick build tank to an inverted tank. Since the tank is all closed up, we are unable to check the movement of the fuel sender float visually. Does anyone have any dementions for bending the float wire?

Thanks,
Scott A. Jordan
N733JJ

Last edited:
Why would you want to change the float sender? X-country inverted flight?

Change the pick up line , sure. Is that what you meant?

When you replace the standard pickup with a flop tube for inverted flight you need to put the sender on the rear baffle, one bay outboard. The sender interfers with the flop tube (and vs versa) with the sender in the standard position.

I have one of mine in there, I forgot about that. I don't remember bending it much different than the standard one, maybe a little tweak here and there. Any dimensions someone gave you would vary depending on your hole location anyway. I would think you best bet would be to hold it on the side of the tank and emulate it's location on the rear baffle as best you can swinging it back and forth. After that you can bolt it on and listen for it to make contact as you rotate the tank. If it looks good on the side of the tank, and doesn't hit the tank when you rotate it, I'd say you're good to go.

I recall having to make mine different but it was 9 years ago and my memory is not always that good.
Your method is plan "B" if there is no one that can save me the work.

Scott

I have flop tubes. My float sensor is in the next bay over from the flop tube. I bent the wire according to plans and mounted it on the back baffle. It measures within spec with a multimeter for empty and full. Pictures on link in sig.