pilot28906

Well Known Member
Flipped the canoe today. Nice to see something that looks like a plane!
Question: What is a good height for the sawhorses at this point? I know they need to come down some. I am 5'8".

Thanks

I made a cradle to keep the longeron horizontal - that put the front just less than a ft off the ground - easy now to work on the cockpit - rear skin etc... I can email you a few photos if you email me ...

Do the work you have to do with it upright and then flip it back over.

It is WAY easier to continue working on the craft upside down.
You can sit in a nice roll around chair rather than climbing in and out and damaging the seat ribs.
EDIT: I had the longerons about 4' off the floor.

I have a tire scuff on the ceiling if that gives you an idea how long I kept the fuselage upside down

Last edited:
3-4 Ft. So you can roll under it to do work on a brake stool while the canoe is upside down. But that is just how I did it, many ways to skin a canoe :D

I will echo what Bill said about doing as much work as possible when it is upside down ... It did not show in my photos but I did all my seat pans .. mounted the stick .. the luggage floor and sides ....

What is a good height?

May not be for everyone, but I use this plenty.
Adjust the height, and/or rotate (8 positions) to suit.
Paul.
IMGP2878a.jpg

Low is good

I cut down my original height on my fuselage cradle to just about a foot high.

IMG_0071-M.jpg

Sure made it easier to work on the wiring and get in and out of the fuselage. Once you get it up on the gear it gets a lot harder to enter the fuselage. My bent COMM antenna on the belly just cleared the floor.