Pilotjim77

Well Known Member
Patron
Anyone have any experience with Flightsimbuilder? It is a GNS 430/530 simulator to be used with Microsoft or Xplane type PC flight simulators. I use Xplane a lot and trying to switch frequencies with the mouse is cumbersome. I felt this would be a good tool. It's similar to the Realsimgear simulator but a good deal less expensive.

I have their G1000 simulator. Shipped quickly, and really nice high quality hardware. No problems getting it to work with X-Plane. My only gripe is with the quality of the G1000 implementation in X-Plane, which isn't on the hardware part. The main annoying thing is that turning the rotary encoders (to dial a frequency or turn a heading bug) is very laggy -- you'll spin the dial and then wait a few seconds for it to catch up, which makes it hard to dial in a precise number. Not sure if the 430/530 implementation has the same problem, and there are a few scripts available if you search that help make it a little better.

No but take a look at Air Manager software. With AM, a smallish touch screen display, and the “knobster” (google it) you’ll get pretty much any instrument you need.