ten4teg

Well Known Member
Looking for feedback on quality and workmanship of Flightline Interiors. I am ready to order an interior package and they seem to have the best prices. Thanks, Tom

RE:Flightline is great!!!!!!

I had my seats custom done to my design and embroidery by Abby and her crew and they came out top notch. But...............at our last EAA meeting (Nov.) I put the seats in the plane to show them off and found that the embroidery on the pilot side seat was not done right. So I gave Abby a call......without any question she said send (@ her expense I might add) them back and we will check it out and fix the problem. The fix was to reorder the custom fabric/re-embroidery........The price for the seats was very competitive with all the others.

My reason for going with flightline was Abby.....price....willingness to do a custom job......and just overall great service.

Frank @ SGU RV7A still looking for my planes home:mad:

Excellent Service/Quality

I had to be on a waiting list for about 7 weeks, but when I sent my seats in for upholstery she turned them around in only three days. She knew I had an already flying aircraft and it would be down while the seats were shipped off. And the quality is superb.

Looking for feedback on quality and workmanship of Flightline Interiors. I am ready to order an interior package and they seem to have the best prices. Thanks, Tom
Abby is a sweetheart. On two occasions now, she has sent me a free pair of aileron boots because I fabricated and sent her retaining rings for the -6 and -8 series for her to use as patterns. I've asked her more than once to compete with other upholstery/interior shops who advertise on VAF, but for some reason, she doesn't. Nice but pricy, I really think I overpaid for the leather seats purchased for my -6A from a very well known vendor. This time I had Abby do the work. Recently, I asked her if she could embroider on leather and she said "Of course." I said "Well then, embroider "RV-8" on my custom seat order and I'll leave it to you to decide what you personally consider appropriate in the way of style and size and color." Here is her work. The seats came in several HUNDRED dollars less than what I previously paid and that includes 4 arm rests and 2 stick boots. I couldn't be more pleased and you can tell her I said so.

Last edited:
Great

I am very happy with Abby's work. Sent my cushions to her when she asked me to (after a several week wait). I got my seats right on schedule. They are just exactly like I had imagined; beautiful, outstanding workmanship.

I highly reccommend Flightline Interiors.

I will add my ringing endorsement. My N number was embroidered on my seats, and an error was made...My N number is N750SM, and they did N7505M. Obviously misread...Abbey had me send them back, at her expense, and had them corrected and back in less than a week. Good prices, and she did what she said she would do...what more could you ask.

You won't find any vendor (not limiting this to interiors) that is easier to work with. Prices are reasonable, quality is excellent and she's very willing to make custom changes if you desire. I have her entire interior package for my RV-10.

Bob #40105

I agree

I second Abby's great service!

I've so far only bought aileron boots from her, but even with this very small order she provided great service and was right on schedule.

Great customer care!

Regards Alf Olav Frog / Norway
RV-7 finishing/wiring

I too used Flightline for my RV-8 interior. In addition to the seats, I sent Abby 14 cardboard templates. She then returned 14 interior panels. She was great to work with and quality of work is excellent.

Not the greatest photo, but you can get an idea of how the panels look.

rightsideas0.jpg

Mike Draper
N468RV
Finish

FLIGHTLINE INTERIORS

WOW! I couldn't agree more! I am fortunate to live only 75 miles from Abby and have visited her three times. She is a pleasure to do business with and is very enthusiastic about not only her work but RV's. She did my Oregon Aero cushions and they are fantastic! Grey vinyl that looks and feels like expensive leather!

Their business is growing and the lst time I was there (October) they had doubled their work area.

Great work, great to work with!

Wally Hunt
Rockford, IL
RV-4 Finishing Kit

I will go along with the other post concerning quality of work and promises met. The one thing I do want to add; Abby is the one that answers the phone when you call.

Any chance to sit in one in British Columbia?

I am considering a set of Abby's seats but have never sat in one.

I have osteo-arthritis in my lower spine which if not properly supported telegraphs extreme discomfort into my lower back and hips. Some shapes of chairs are like medieval torture devices to me!!! I sat in a mock-up of the Oregon Aero seat for the RV-8 at OSH and although initially ok, even it did not seem like it would be comfortable for a long ride.

Is there anyone in or near the Okanagan in Southern BC with Abby's seats who would not mind me sitting in one for a few minutes? An RV-8 would be preferred...

I am considering a set of Abby's seats but have never sat in one.

I have osteo-arthritis in my lower spine which if not properly supported telegraphs extreme discomfort into my lower back and hips. Some shapes of chairs are like medieval torture devices to me!!! I sat in a mock-up of the Oregon Aero seat for the RV-8 at OSH and although initially ok, even it did not seem like it would be comfortable for a long ride.

Is there anyone in or near the Okanagan in Southern BC with Abby's seats who would not mind me sitting in one for a few minutes? An RV-8 would be preferred...

You are killing me. I just (as in 15 minutes ago) ordered a set of Oregon aero cores. Everything I've read calls them the most comfortable out there and being a wounded vet (lower back), uncomfortable seats torture me badly. So here I was, still basking in the glow of having ordered another part of my project...and you come to tell me I may have gone wrong. You pilots...you're all such a pain in my..... ;)

I guess I'll find out in a few weeks when they show up...thinking I'll take the ipad to the basement and watch a movie or two sitting in the seat...might even make an airplane noise or two. I liked the idea of being able to order the cores naked so adjustments can be made prior to upholstery. It's entirely possible I'll be sending them to Abby for covering though...provided they are comfy of course. Abby did tell me last month that she is booking for November at present...FYI.

Last edited:
Abby + Oregon = Excellent Choice

You are killing me. I just (as in 15 minutes ago) ordered a set of Oregon aero cores. Everything I've read calls them the most comfortable out there and being a wounded vet (lower back), uncomfortable seats torture me badly. So here I was, still basking in the glow of having ordered another part of my project...and you come to tell me I may have gone wrong. You pilots...you're all such a pain in my..... ;)

I guess I'll find out in a few weeks when they show up...thinking I'll take the ipad to the basement and watch a movie or two sitting in the seat...might even make an airplane noise or two. I liked the idea of being able to order the cores naked so adjustments can be made prior to upholstery. It's entirely possible I'll be sending them to Abby for covering though...provided they are comfy of course. Abby did tell me last month that she is booking for November at present...FYI.

My wife sat in an OE mock-up at OSH and there was no further discussion of that. We had them ship directly to Abby and she did the rest. Both were wonderful to work with and many who have ridden in my 7A have spontaneously commented on how comfortable the seats are.

I too bought the Oregon Aero cores and had Abby do the finish on them. They're entirely comfortable; the pain in my hip, I've realized, is coming from the fuel pumps.:D

The RV-8 in my avatar has Oregon cores, covered by Abby. They're the most comfortable general aviation seats I have ever sat in. After 5.5 hours in the front seat to/from Oshkosh, two years in a row, I was not sore at all at the end of the flights from sitting in the seats (well coming back from Osh, my feet are always killing me from three days of continuous walking).

Oh how I wish my new (to me) RV-6 had such seats in it, but it doesn't and after emptying out my savings to buy the plane, it'll be awhile before I can afford better seats, but that's definitely a top item on my future enhancements list to get some Oregon cores and Abby's upholstery on them.

Abby did my seats which are Oregon Aero foam covered with cloth and leather. I am not flying yet, but the seats look great.

IMG_0229.jpg

Visit to Flightline Interiors

Visited Abby today to pick up a canopy cover. They are really nice people that produce high quality products. My seats are Van's cushions with Flightline upholstery that are very comfortable. They now have 400 hrs and are wearing great.