WingedFrog

Well Known Member
Trying to install the baggage trim from Flighline. Unable to put in place the part called B1 which is the panel that fits the upper part of the bulkhead (it has "Experimental" woven in the fabric). My feeling is that it can only be installed if the gas tank is not in. I did not try to bend the panel too hard to push it in but as it comes with a set of hardware including nutplates to fasten it to the wall, I'm afraid that I will have to wait until I remove the gas tank for the yearly inspection to install it. If anyone managed to install B1 with the tank in, I will be glad to hear from you.

It will fit with some bending and persuasion. Mine has been in and out a few times in the last year without the tank being removed. Start with fitting behind the tank first.

good luck

B1 baggage panel

I have removed and installed that panel with the fuel tank in place several times.
Having split the bulkhead for access to the tailcone at ACI, I do not wish to remove the tank.
The backing is a kind of plastic that bends and returns to shape. You can carefully work the panel into place. It is not without risk, as the rivets in the area of the turtle deck can easily damage the vinyl. I figure it will eventually have to be replaced, but the plane has been flying and inspected for 3 years and the panel still looks good.
This picture shows where I put the nutplates to hold the bottom of the B1 panel. The top is velcroed, as you know.
CTT_4705-M.jpg

The nutplates are just slightly above the level of the fuel tank. You can see the tan buttons that cover the screws in this photo.
CTT_3988-M.jpg

Tony

Thank you guys, I will give it a try and if anything goes wrong I will know who to blame! :D
Tony, your nutplate is in a recess: do you use a long screw or do you bend the panel when screwing it in?

Thank you guys, I will give it a try and if anything goes wrong I will know who to blame! :D
Tony, your nutplate is in a recess: do you use a long screw or do you bend the panel when screwing it in?

Long screws, and I don't run them in tight, only enough to pull the upholstered panel up flush.

Thanks Tony. Obviously my nutplates will have to wait, will the Velcro be sufficient to hold the panel? (please no qualifier about my landings!)

Last edited: