WatkinsT1

I see several of you have FlightLine interior kits. We also have bought our interior from Abby at Flightline.. she does great work.. I have not yet installed the carpet in the front and wonder what method some of you have used to secure it so it will not slide around getting in and out.. any good ideas for those that have done it successfully.. information would be appreciated so I can do it once and forget it.. Thanks..

Abby provides foam fillers for the floor. You glue the carpet to these filler pieces, and it stops the carpet from sliding around. You can still remove everything (filler pieces and carpet) as a single piece.

I modified Abby's design somewhat, particularly around the flap housing. Rather than use her method of a big velcro closing, I actually modified and trimmed the pieces to fit each housing piece and glued them in place (wrapping the fabric around the edges.

I then bored screw holes in the fabric with a soldering iron and attached everything with screws. Works very well, no wrinkles and it's easy to take the panels off.

V

Abby provides foam fillers for the floor. You glue the carpet to these filler pieces, and it stops the carpet from sliding around. You can still remove everything (filler pieces and carpet) as a single piece.

This is exactly how I did it and it works GREAT! I flew a buddy's plane a while back and he didn't have it secured. Boy that sucked, my heels were sliding all over the place. My buddy planned on gluing his down, but was waiting to do something else first. I personally wouldn't wait, that carpet needs to be nice and secure under your feet. Even glued to the foam, you can pull it all out as one piece in about 30 seconds if you need to for maintenance.

By the way... Abby's prodict is simply awesome, and her service, even years down the road, is second to none!

Photo Please

Slightly off topic of this thread, but I have been searching for photos of Flightline interiors without much luck. I have seen several post praising Abby's work, but not many photos. Any response would be appreciated, as I am thinking about buying her complete interior kit.

Steve-

Thanks for the heads up on Tim's site. He has a lot of great photos for his RV10 interior. They look great. I can only assume the RV9 will be nice as well.

Abby's interior

The interior is a combination of Abby and Lukes (Classic Aero) work. I supplied Luke with 1 yd. of fabric from Abby for the seat insets. Abbys interior fit great, I also glued the front carpet down with 3M Super 777.

seatsen5.jpg

The interior has been holding up great, 3 years, 400+ hours.

Gary Kremers
N715AB