R

Richard Suffoletto

I asked this on the Texas forum a while back and got no response so I thought I would try here.

I will be flying to CXO (Montgomery, TX) from Sacramento in the next few weeks. There are three FBO's on the field and wondered if anyone had a recomendation.

Thanks

Richard

Holleys I guess

I'm surprised one of the Conroe guys hasn't piped up. There's a bunch of RV's based there, as well as an EAA chapter. I don't get up to Conroe that much but I'll take a stab at it.

By the way, the town is Conroe. The airport used to be named "Montgomery County", but they recently changed it to "Lone Star Executive".

I guess I'd go with Holleys. It's at the south end of 1/19. I've had some avionics work done there and they seemed like good people. There's more parking down at that end of the field. It's a long walk to the terminal, though, if you're meeting someone. The terminal FBO is about in the middle of 1/19 and they've always seemed like nice folks, too. "Wings" is on the north end and I get the impression it's more of an up-town sort of place, but I can't say for sure since I've never had any dealings with them.

I don't think there's any self serve gas on the field, so it probably doesn't really make much difference.