Norman CYYJ

Well Known Member
Does anybody know where I could get a flight planning program that will operate on Linux. To be used in North America. I want to use it in an Eee PC by Asus.

AOPA Internet Flight Planner. Works in web browser.
I thought of this and can't check because I don't have Linux but according to AOPA:

"Supported OS:

Windows; Mac

Supported Browsers:

IE 6+; Firefox 2+; Safari 3+"

So I don't think it is likely that will work at present. Or does LINUX have one of those browsers?

I am not a member of AOPA and not a computer guru. I know that windows based stuff won't work. I was looking for something that is not necessarily web based. There isn't always the web available. Thanks

Well, a quick Google search only turned up fplan, which doesn't sound particularly friendly to use. If it were me, I'd see if I could make the web browser version work for me or try to use Wine and a Windoze-based flight planner.

Firefox on Linux

Firefox is commonly available on Linux distros.

I thought of this and can't check because I don't have Linux but according to AOPA:

"Supported OS:

Windows; Mac

Supported Browsers:

IE 6+; Firefox 2+; Safari 3+"

So I don't think it is likely that will work at present. Or does LINUX have one of those browsers?

fltplan.com

Does anybody know where I could get a flight planning program that will operate on Linux. To be used in North America. I want to use it in an Eee PC by Asus.

Entirely web based, totally free. Has weather, radar, etc and winds aloft matrix.
Just FYI.

Thanks for all of your responses. I really need to find something that will work with Linux and not Web based. Windows is not an option for me on this computer. It takes up to much overhead leaving next to nothing to operate with.