Tom Martin

Well Known Member
I need some input from some experienced 430 users. I am just getting familiar with my new radio and I want to enter a flight plan. The manual explains how to do this but it does not mention if it is possible to add a user waypoint to a flight plan. Is this possible?
I am entered in the upcoming Alabama SARL race and the first turn is not at an airport. I know it is possible to enter this point as a waypoint but I can not see any where in the manual about how to enter a user waypoint in a flight plan. I know that this is possible with my 496.

I haven't used the "W" model, but as a datapoint on the "straight" 430, I do it all the time. My Airpark isn't in the Garmin database, so I created a user waypoint when I moved there, and I put it in to flightplans just like any other waypoint - dial it up and push the button. The 430 seems to include user Waypoints in the same list as regular waypoints.

Paul

works in 430W as well

Use this regularly in a 430W just as Paul described. Coming out of KINT on IFR plan, always given 190^ 25 DME as waypoint. Entered it as user waypoint and add to flightplan.