aguiraf

Well Known Member
Yesterday's flight from T.P. McCampbell to Victoria, TX. My wife, Peggy and I are enjoying the Skyview from Dynon and the EZ-Pilot from Trio Avionics. We still have a few items to correct: magnetic heading calibration and slight error on the skid ball. After ten years of using the Navaid autopilot I have switched to the EZ-Pilot and the result is totally superior. The Navaid was a good unit but no comparison to the accuracy of the EZ-Pilot. It performed well on a GPS approach to runway 13 at T. P. McCampbell :). http://n996us.blogspot.com.

Kevin, I saw on his blog he kept the Navaid Servo

I keep looking at other RV-6a's to spur me on to finish mine. Maybe by year end. Sooner if I stay off this website.....:)

upgraded avionics

Gus: The panel looks great. Nice to see it all working well also.You put a lot of time into the project and has paid off. I am very pleased with the trio autopilot in my plane also.I am still using the Nav-Aid servo in my wing. Bill Marcum RV-6A N237B

Navaid Servo

Hi you All,

Yes your all are correct, I kept the Navaid Servo. Bill Marcum recommended to just change the head. Trio also suggested that it will work well with the Navaid servo. They were right!. I repeat, the improvement is a quantum leap.:D