DougJ

Well Known Member
I've got to tell you guys about the outstanding customer service from Flight Data Systems.

Back at the end of August I bought an FC-10 fuel computer from the classified section here on VAF. I received it in a normal timeframe and it looked OK. I bought the red cube and wiring harness for it, along with a GT-50 from Flight Data Systems.

It took a while before I got time to do anything with my new stuff, but finally a couple of weeks ago I got the install done along with an oil change. The GT-50 was very simple to install, it replaced my dead 8-day clock and the Davtron OAT gage. Great little instrument! (By the way it?s now approved for use in certified aircraft!)

For the FC-10 install I found a location for the red cube, made a bracket and did a little fuel line building, routed/connected the (very simple) wiring and ? nothing. Well not quite nothing but the fuel computer was definitely not working. I checked the obvious things and found nothing to explain it, seems like I was sold a broken computer? I called Flight Data Systems the next day and spoke to Chuck. Super helpful, gave me a little more trouble-shooting guidance and offered to have a look at it if I sent it to him. Once I finally got back out to the hangar I checked per Chuck?s direction and assured myself that the FC-10 was indeed Tango Uniform.

Again taking a few days to get around to it, I boxed up the computer with a short note and sent it off to Chuck. I wasn?t really paying attention to the timeline, but yesterday I thought about giving him a call to see what was up. I thought about it - but never did call because I got busy. When I arrived home that evening the wife handed me a package from Flight Data Systems! Chuck had written a short note describing the FIX and sent it back to me. Yes, fixed ? at no charge.

Well, isn?t that just awesome!

I called Chuck today to thank him; obviously he?s very customer service oriented and stands behind his products 100%. He explained that the computer was done in by reverse polarity, that?s obviously a little disappointing to hear since it was sold to me in that condition from a member here. Even though I had purchased the GT-50, FC-10 wiring harness and red cube from Flight Data Systems, he did not sell me the computer. He took care of me anyway and I just want to give him some recognition for that.

Thanks Chuck! Great products and great service.

Doug